Sunday, August 12, 2012

Second time's the charm




Upholstered ottomans like this are everywhere on Pinterest. And I really loved the idea of them. The price tag...not so much. This one from West Elm is $300, and that's a pretty decent price. I searched high and low for a large, square coffee table. I stalked Goodwill and Craigslist with no luck. So I started looking into buying table legs. Holy cow! Talk about expensive!

Then my mom suggested I just look for thrifted coffee/end tables with good legs. Great idea! One day when she was in town to help out after my surgery, we found the perfect table at Goodwill. The tabletop had seen better days, but that didn't matter to me since I was only interested in the legs.


Aaron (with a little guidance from my dad) took the little table apart and added some longer side boards and a 3x3 ft. top.


Then I had to decide exactly how I wanted to upholster it. I knew I wanted to add some padding/foam, and I thought about tufting it. (Is that even a word?) And even though it wouldn't have been too much work, I was already overwhelmed with everything so I decided to go the easy route and just do a simple reupholstering job. And I even found some fabric that I really liked.

Sorry the quality is so terrible--it's from my phone.
And I really liked it. But then I found this idea on Pinterest and I fell in love!


Well, I love it except for that freaky ottoman. It looks like a weird growth to me.

We had already painted the accent wall a dark turquoise color and I had some black & white Chevron pillows that I wanted to use. And then I even found a Chevron rug in my price range. It was fate. :) SO...I redid the ottoman.


And I LOVE IT! I can't wait until I've finished making slip covers for our very ugly, very plaid, and very 1998 couch and love seat set. (Which Aaron is quick to point out, I also loved. But back in 1998, I always tell him.)

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I want one now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it. Now I'm going to have to keep an eye out for table legs...Did you add batting or foam or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You doing a great job on your place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm loving the pics.... you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete

the beginning...